- Hosted Voice: Telephony system provided by a host, delivered over the Internet.
- Session Initiated Protocol (SIP): An application-layer control protocol for Internet Telephony.
- Private Branch Exchange (PBX): A telephone system that resides on-site that switches a call on local lines.
- Time-division Multiplexing (TDM): Transmitting and receiving signals over a common path, via an alternating pattern.
- Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS): Also referred to as Analog service.
- IM Clients (IM): An electronic message sent via the Internet for immediate availability.
- Desktop Sharing: Products that allow individuals remote access to view and collaboration on another person’s computer screen.
- Video Conferencing: The ability to communicate between two or more locations via two-way video and audio transmissions.
- Audio Conferencing: The ability for three, or more individuals to communicate via a voice technology.
- DaaS – Desktop as a service
- IaaS – Infrastructure as a service
- PaaS – Platform as a service
- SaaS – Software as a service
- MaaS – Monitoring as a service
- Fiber: Transmitting information from one place to another by sending pulses of light.
- Ethernet: The most widely installed local area network (LAN) technology.
- Dedicated Internet Access (DIA): Dedicated Internet Access service
- Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS): High-performance telecommunications network that moves data from one node to the next via short path labeling.
- Software-defined Wide Area Network (SD WAN): Software-defined networking technology applied to WAN connections used to connect enterprise networks over large geographic distances.
- Colocation (colo): A data center facility businesses can rent space for servers and other computing hardware.
- Cellular Services and Devices
- Wireless Access Points (WAP): A networking device that allows Wi-Fi enabled devices to connect to a wired network.
- Fleet Management: A system that allows monitoring the movement and other elements of vehicles or other mobile equipment.
Security and Management
- Disaster Recovery
- MDM – Mobile Device Management
- TEM – Telecom Expense Management
- NOC – Networks Operations Center
Receive Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox.